- Flaked Coconut – 1 ⅓ Cups
- Sugar – ⅓ Cup
- Flour – 2 Tbs
- Salt – Just a pinch
- Whites of 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Extract – ½ Tsp
- Butter– 2 Tbs (or any high fat butter).
- Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- CBD Oil Tincture or CBD Isolate
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Prep Your Baking Sheet or Biscuit Tray by greasing the pan.
- Combine in a bowl Coconut, Sugar, Flour, and Salt.
- Use your hands to gently mix and break up any clumps of coconut or flour.
- Crack the 2 eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolk into another bowl.
- Add ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract to the egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites very fast with a whisk until for a nice frothy blend.
- Add the whisked egg white and vanilla extract mixture to the bowl of coconut and flour.
- Combine the ingredients by tossing with wooden spoons until the dry ingredients have a light, fluffy appearance.
- Scoop out single tablespoon size scoops of the mixture onto the greased baking tray.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes until the macaroons are golden brown.
CBD infused chocolate
- Prepare a double boiler with the bottom pan filled with water and a smaller pan placed above it. Bring the water to a boil and add the butter to the top pan and let it melt. Add the desired amount of CBD from either a tincture or isolate.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chocolate to the CBD butter in the bowl.
- As the chocolate melts, fold it gently into the butter using a spatula until you achieve a shiny mix. Allow this to simmer while you prepare to dip the macaroons.
- Remove the Macaroons and let them cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, hold the macaroons from the bottom and dip the tops gently into the Chocolate CBD Sauce. If you want them to be stronger, you can double dip.